Friday, May 8, 2015

Treated from willingness to be abused!



The argument was heated,
Shortly after he came in and greeted,
I reminded him of how I had been mistreated,
Emphasized the many ways I had been cheated,
I only paused to ask him to be seated,
I didn’t want his feet wobbling in shock from all the truth darts being meted,
I laid bare all the machismo which had grown over the years to be very conceited,
Always feeling threatened and trying to compete even though I was not one to have competed,
Like the prisoner without a crime I was repeatedly verbally and physically maltreated,
I made it clear in unequivocal terms that the jail term was served and will never be repeated,
Before my pent up tirade was completed I told him before I retreated,
That it didn’t matter that all these years during his one man competitions I had been defeated,
I found my lost feet, recovered my stifled voice and have been treated,
I was sure there was no shadow or shred of doubt in his mind that I was serious.


Brussels © April 2015 afesehngwaHilary

No comments:

Post a Comment