Monday, January 3, 2011

Too late!

Too late!

Procrastination is in fact the thief of time,
Oh what agony rages in my mind,
One phone call too late,
A call that never was which knew too many dates,
One moment too late,
Now I'll never be able to tell you I love you mate,
I could have told you the last time,
I would have shown you the last time,
But cowardice got the better of me,
Fear became a fetter,
Convinced me I'll be able to next time,
But next time never came,

Oh the flame of agony burning in my soul,
I postponed the visit to your sick bed,
All the things I wanted to tell you,
Like how much you meant to me,
All the pleasant places I wanted to take you,
All the hurt I wanted to spare you,
All the things I wanted to share with you,
The silent agony of longing,
For one more smile,
One more hug,
One more touch,
Too late now, too late,
How can I make up for the missed opportunities,
Will you ever understand?

I may not be able to make the past right now,
But in your honor,
For my own good,
I am at war against procrastination,
It may take many battles to finally win,
I may not win in an instant,
But I vow today to try,
I promise to fight,
So the good I can do now I will do,
The call I can make now I will make,
The places I can go now I will go,
The 'I love you' I can say now I will say,

I am at war against keeping for tomorrow,
What I can do today,
Rest in peace my dear,
Rest in peace.

© 2010 afeseh ngwa hilary

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we've got to live and appreciate every moment, every opportunity, cherish every relationship. Tomorrow is not promised anyone. No need to wait, when we can do it now. Another great piece, Hil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grande soeur and yes, the next moment does not belong to anyone!

    ReplyDelete