Friday, February 4, 2011

Something more beautiful.

Something more beautiful.

There is something more beautiful,
More beautiful than curves and contours,
Than valleys and mountains of body geography,

It is decency and modesty,
And integrity and honesty,
Truth and loyalty,
Rooted in an almighty God,

There is a reason why,
Even Marilyn Monroe,
Physically attractive beyond compare,
Went out with presidents,
Successful career,
Yet hooked her life to drugs,
A life she would later take away herself,
There is something beautiful,
Something more beautiful in deed!

© 2010 afeseh ngwa hilary

*I added the last couple of lines to the original poem I wrote at the bequest of a dear brother and friend who thought it makes the poem read better and I agreed - his name is Nkwain, thanks bro :) :).

4 comments:

  1. Nice, i like the idea very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What substance is life without the presence of the Almighty in it? Hollywood is a great indication that without a meaningful existence, rooted in a belief in God, money and wealth cannot help much. It's sometimes surprising to see wealthy people who are hooked on drugs and have serial divorces. Faith in God is truly an unshakable foundation on which to anchor our lives. Staying hooked on the Almighty is truly "something beautiful."

    Thanks Hil. I'm so excited about the spiritual and emotional wealth your blog affords me. You bring so much meaning to my life, without knowing. I'm grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Hollywood backdrop in your argument. You are so right - Hollywood shows us everyday the consequences of the choice to be rooted in the world instead of being rooted in God.

    I am richer for knowing you Grande soeur - miya :)!

    ReplyDelete